Your well-being journey begins here
Live Longer, Better® Rewards is a comprehensive program that uses the Sharecare app to incorporate Blue Zones Power 9® principles to support your well-being journey, wherever you go.
Blue Zones Project® takes lessons learned from the world’s longest-lived cultures and applies key principles to help you feel healthier, happier, and better than ever.
- Set goals & track progress
- Learn the Blue Zones® principles for living longer
- Join community challenges
- Participate in one annual event in your community
- Complete all track activities and you could win Blue Zones Project prizes!
*Once you complete and record attendance for one community event, your attendance will carry over for the rest of the calendar year. You must still complete the rest of the activities within each given track to be entered into the sweepstakes. See Official Rules.
Get started today!
- Visit bzpmendocinocounty.sharecare.com, create your Sharecare account with a user ID and password, and download the Sharecare app.
- Complete the RealAge® Test to find out your body’s age compared to your calendar age.
- Join community members in challenge tracks and participate in Blue Zones Project community activities such as Cooking Demos, Moais®, Purpose Workshops, volunteering, and more.
- Complete the activities from the designated Power 9 challenge track and be entered to win Blue Zones Project rewards! See Official Rules.
- Enhance your well-being journey by setting goals and tracking your progress.
JANUARY 1 – MARCH 31
Centenarians seem to follow three main rules when it comes to healthy eating: They stop when they are 80 percent full; they eat mostly plants; and they enjoy a day-ending social hour with friends at five. Creating environments that make healthy food choices easy is an essential Blue Zones Project principle.
Eat Wisely Track Activities:
- Watch the Blue Zones Project Kitchen Checklist video
- Watch all five episodes of the Eat Like a Centenarian video series
- Join the Blue Zones Project Eat Wisely Challenge
- Attend a Cooking Class, Potluck Moai, or Cooking Demo in your community
April 1 – June 30
Get together often with the ones you cherish. Having a strong social network of friends and family can enhance your sense of well-being and purpose, and extend your life, too.
Connect Track Activities:
- Watch the Road to Resilience: Rebuilding our Community, for our Sake video
- Watch Mental Strength: Building Resilience
- Join the Blue Zones Project Give Thanks Challenge
- Attend a Volunteer Event in your community
July 1 – September 30
Find ways to move more! The idea is that you’ll be naturally active and burn calories without thinking about it. People from the world’s original blue zones don’t pump iron, run marathons, or join gyms. They live in environments where moving naturally is just part of their daily routine.
Move Naturally Track Activities:
- Watch the Sharecare video: Three Steps to Start Walking
- Watch the Sharecare movement video: Yoga for Beginners
- Join the Blue Zones Project Move Naturally Steps Challenge
- Attend a Walking Moai in your community
October 1 – December 31
Based on one of the Power 9 principles, garnered from the original blue zones areas. Meditation is one way to help give your outlook an easy lift. Create time and space to downshift and focus on what really matters.
Right Outlook Track Activities
- Read the Sharecare 7 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster article
- Watch the Blue Zones Project Richard Leider Purpose video series
- Join the Blue Zones Project Sleep Challenge
- Attend Purpose Workshops or Purpose Moais in your community